Saturday, January 24, 2009

Blogging Miss America

So every year I watch the Miss America pageant. I have loved the pageant since I was a little girl and used to watch it with my mom and I had a Miss America lunchbox when I was seven. To those who pooh-pooh the pageant I say: this is a scholarship program. Is it really so different than burly young men strapping on pads and helmets and hitting the gridiron every weekend? Well, yes, because these young women actually GO to their classes.

Have to say I didn't love the wardrobe for the opening - the stage is black and the girls are wearing black tops and dark jeans. I've have liked to see some color in the tops.

Fifteen finalists time:
Miss Indiana
Miss Georgia
Miss South Dakota
Miss Alabama
Miss MICHIGAN
Miss D. C.
Miss Iowa
Miss New York
Miss California
Miss Florida (why are her jeans shiny???)
Miss Kentucky
Miss Tennessee
Miss Delaware
Miss Arkansas
And Miss someone else - I missed one. (eta: It was Miss Hawaii!)

No comments:

Post a Comment