Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday night MUSIC

So I decide to go to Potbelly for dinner last night instead of going to get groceries and I walk in and there is a guy in the corner with a guitar and a mike set up.  I smiled and said hello and kept going into the restaurant and he yells after me 'what would you like to hear?'  In a split second I think, I'd really like to hear some cool alt-country tune like 'Ring of Fire' or something else of that ilk, but he probably only knows Jimmy Buffett songs so I shrug my shoulders and go up to order my samwich (yes, I mean samwich) and guitar man breaks into 'Guitar Town' a great song by one of my all-time favorites, Steve Earle.  Imagine my surprise and delight! I hummed along and tapped my foot and the song was ending as I went to leave and I asked him 'how did you know I love that song?'  He smiled and said 'hey, I just learned it.'  

Sometimes when something cool happens you should just go with it.  






No comments:

Post a Comment