Sunday, February 1, 2009

What a shock - she only worked there for 10 days

A former Naperville hairstylist apparently helped herself to $300 on her last day of work at Sports Clips on 75th Street.

A woman purchased two haircuts for $28 last summer and authorized a $6 tip. But the stylist apparently added $300 instead. The customer was going through her statements in January and discovered the theft and alerted police.

The stylist only worked at Sports Clips from Aug 1 to Aug 10 according to the manager. She was fired for incompetence.

Not so good with the scissors but handy with the credit card machine.

Gotta wonder - who gets their hair done for $14??? And who doesn't look at their statements for five months?

1 comment:

  1. True story, I was working at a bookstore at serviced the University of Michigan in I think 1989, maybe 1990. Anyway the basketball (well all varsity athletes) would get books at the service desk (no waiting in long bookrush lines for them) and pay a nominal amount for them. They'd take the books back at the end of the term and get money back for them. Well (and since I was involved I can name names) Loy Vaught was supposed to get back like 60 bucks for his textbooks. They gave him his slip to redeem up front that said 60 bucks. BUT by the time it got up front to me, it said One HUNDRED sixty bucks. He actually wrote in (in different color ink) the 'one hundred' part. I looked at it and looked at him. I asked him if this was the right amount. He said it was. I said are you suuuure? He said yes. I said I had to go back and check it because it had clearly been changed. I walk back to the service desk and they were quite shocked to see the blatant rip off attempt. As I took it back up to confront Mr. Vaught, he booked out the front door. I showed it to the assistant textbook manager who immediately wanted to call police. The book manager insisted the police not be involved since he was an athlete. The athletic department was called and he supposedly got in some kind of trouble but not the kind you'd think he should get in for this attempted felony.

    Michigan was famous for covering up the wrongdoing of their athletes. Oh the stories I could tell....

    ReplyDelete