Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday night Fun - Sarah Borges & the Broken Singles - Stop and Think It Over

Naperville City Desk presents a treat tonight. We went to FitzGerald's in Berwyn last week to see Kasey Chambers and Shane Nicholson and were delighted to get to know their opening act and label mate Sarah Borges and her band the Broken Singles. I've been reading about her in No Depression for years and I'm glad to say I got to hear her and I see why she's getting attention. Sarah's got cheek and pipes and her sound is a very cool mix of punk and country, pop and honky-tonk, and a more than a little girl group throwback. We bought the two of her CDs they had available (and ordered an earlier one from Amazon) and we've been digging it all week. I'd also like to mention that Sarah and the boys are very personable and made it clear they appreciate everyone who comes to hear them and even the ones who just discovered them. This was day 51 on the road and you couldn't tell.

NCD is also very happy to give a plug to FitzGerald's, a fantastic local venue. I moved here wondering where I'd get to hear the kind of music I like and now I know exactly where. I couldn't get on the FitzGerald's email list fast enough.

To kick things off here's a video Sarah and the guys made for 'Stop and Think It Over' complete with grainy black and white film and sparkly dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment