Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lady, you were just RUDE


So I went to SuperTarget tonight after work to stock up on popsicles, Pop-Tarts and popcorn for the Naperville City Desk office snack bar and got into a checkout line behind a woman buying six cases of beer. I unloaded my snack bar items onto the conveyor then realized the line was no longer moving because the beer-buying lady showed an out-of-state ID and those purchases require manager approval. (Don't ask me, I don't make the rules at Target.) But that wasn't the annoying part, this was: what became increasingly annoying is beer-buying lady yakking on her cell phone the whole time, with no consideration for the cashier (or anyone else) in line.

Cell phones are a great invention. But just because you have one doesn't mean you need to be on it ALL THE TIME. Since she was on the phone in a public place I thought maybe I should comment on her conversation since she clearly wanted everyone within earshot to hear but then I remembered my mama taught me good manners. And was the conversation about anything pressing? Of course not!

This kind of rudeness in unforgivable. And I'm glad beer-buying lady had to wait. Though I do wish she'd have shut up.

Remember when we didn't have phones with us all the time and we had to wait until we got home to check our answering machines? Incredible that the world continued to spin given today's cell phone-addicted morons running around.

HANG UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment