Sunday, August 9, 2009

Good service, sticky fingers

We really don't like to do this but we have to post a mixed review of a local collision shop.

Trixie Junior Space Punk has had collision work done at Gerber Collision in Downers Grove twice - once last year when I had a fender-bender and had my front end replaced and again just a week ago or so when I was rear-ended by a hippie and had to have my rear bumper replaced (yes, the hippie part is true). I appreciate that Gerber has car rentals available right on site so that I don't have to inconvenience any friends asking them to follow me to the shop. I also appreciate that the work is very good - in both instances my car looks as good as new.

HOWEVER, this last visit has left a very sour taste in my mouth when I went to look for the Griffin iTrip transmitter I use to listen to my iPod through my car radio (very important on my long trips to northern Michigan) and what do you know - it wasn't there. Seems someone at Gerber has sticky fingers and helped himself to my FM transmitter. I guess I should be grateful the klepto doesn't have a Samsung cell phone because he left my car phone charger.

The hope is that I won't need to have my car serviced again but if I do I will seriously think twice before taking it to Gerber in Downers Grove.

Convenience: A
Quality of Work: A
Honesty by all workers: F-

2 comments:

  1. That's just horrible and inexcusable. Stealing from your clients is disgraceful!!!

    ReplyDelete