Sunday, April 12, 2009

Wearing 'Uggs' too much may bring you to your knees



Many women wear Uggs throughout the long Chicago winters because they can stay toasty warm. But a podiatrist says they are not the best choice because they offer poor arch support, according to the Sun-Times.

That lack of support can lead to problems with the knees, hips and back. Women who wear them too much may increase the potential of these problems down the road.

Ugg is firing back saying that in 30 years of doing business no one has come back to the company with complaints over lack of arch support.

Trixie has a pair of Emus (just as good as Uggs but cheaper!) but has relegated them to strictly indoor use - they are my house slippers. I wore them outside once in the snow - I ran outside to get something in my car - and nearly slipped on the sidewalk. I quickly came to the conclusion that when I can find a pair with a nice lug sole I'll consider them for outdoor use. Until then, they serve their purpose admirably inside. I'll stick to my Sorels for outdoor use; I've been trusting them for over 20 years. That company has been around for 101 years and really knows what they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment